Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Surprise




Last night before I went to sleep Bracha promised me a surprise. I could hardly settle down. At 06:15 I got up and attempted to nudge Bracha, who promptly told me to go back to sleep. "IT's Saturday!" So I went into the living room and chewed my bone for a while, wondering what was in store. Finally at about 10:30 Bracha took me out into the yard, and a car pulled up. I could hardly believe it! Nurit and Nir! My foster parents! And their two dogs TInka and Kroovi whom I grew up with!!!
I was so excited I didn't know what to do first: run with the dogs or jump up on Nurit. I did the later, and was quietly calmed down by Bracha. But soon I was racing around the yard with Tinka and Kroovi, and Tinka did the usual thing she used to do: she attempted to jump on top of me. This is what I grew up with, and Bracha was about to find out a few things she never knew about my childhood.
Soon we set out for the river, and I showed Tinka and Kroovi the swimming hold and how to get nice and muddy on the way. Nir and Nurit laughed when I came out of the mud half brown, and then got all clean again in the river. What a great time we had!
Now, there are a few months that I barely remember when I was a puppy and Nurit told Bracha all about it. The first foster family I went to did not work out. They sort of shuttled me about from one house to another and didn't do their important job of raising a guide dog puppy properly. By the time I was a few months old and was moved to Nurit who would care for me, I still didn't know, er, how to do busy outside, and once I did it on the stairs and it all ran down like a little waterfall! But soon Tinka and Kroovi showed me what to do, and I soon learned "busy" was only outside. They also had another name for me at the beginning, but after that I became Suki. I got used to Tinka's climbing on top of me and roughhousing a bit, and to sweet little Kroovi as well, and there I remained until I went back to Beit Oved.
Bracha asked Nurit if it was hard for her to see me again, and she said no, that it made her happy to see that I was well looked after and help Bracha and have a good home. And they invited us to come to Kfar Saba and see horses! I hope we can go!

No comments:

Post a Comment