Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Right Dog

Last Thursday Bracha and I went to a board meeting.  Of course, my friends Tommy, Alice, and Tango were there.  All four of us wandered about the room - four Labrador golden retrievers all buff colored just like me.  Tommy and Tango are guys, and Alice and I are girls.  Tommy is very big, Tango is about my size, and Alice is a bit chubbier than me.

I can hear you begin to snicker as the story unfolds.  Yes, there was a mixup.  This often happens, and we have to be very careful.  I know Bracha loves me more than any other dog (exdcept for Suki, whom she loved as much as she loves me).  So I was rather surprised when Bracha put MY harness on Tango and walked out the doort with him.  I knew she'd be right back.  No one walks like me, and it didn't take her long to realize that she had the wrong dog.  Also, Tango, er, has something that I don't...so by the time Betty called Bracha and said DInka was still in the office, she had already realized her mistake and was turning around and racing back.

Now Bracha has put one of those sticky dots on my collar that she can feel.  I don't think she'll make that mistake again.  But just to make sure...

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I just located your blog and wished to let you know that I have certainly loved reading your blogs. At any rate I’m going to be subscribing to your feed and I really hope you are writing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi C.G., enjoy the blog! Good for you for grooming your own dog!

    ReplyDelete