Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Sense of Humor

I admit it.  I'm more than a bit of a rascal.  It takes intelligence, cunning, and a good sense of humor.  And when a man stopped Bracha at the crosswalk in town and told her, "Do you know that your dog has a cigarette in its mouth?"  I know Bracha was more than a bit flabbergasted.  She bent down and felt around my mouth and lips.  Sure enough, I had picked up a plastic stick and held it in my mouth so that one end was sticking out and I was just sauntering down the street in harness with it.  Bracha removed it and laughed.  There's no end to what I will do to get some excitement.
But seriously, I know there are a few things that we need to work on.  Bracha even consulted with Rafi, our trainer, about my, er, problem ending our play sessions.  I can simply grab a toy or stick, crouch with it with my rear end up in the air, and refuse to come back when she calls me.  I know that if I behave better Bracha will trust me and let me run off leash more.  So when she suddenly presented me with another toy I fell for it.  I came back when she called me.  And I continued to come back until she ended the play session and took me gently by my collar and put my leash and harness back on and gave me a treat.   And for that I earned - a run on the beach!  And yes, I came back when she called me!
And what's this I hear about a trip to New York?

No comments:

Post a Comment