Saturday, December 22, 2012

Alligators and Crocodiles

It's been raining so much that it's all I can do to get out even when, er, I have to go out.  When we come back my paws and tummy are all wet, so I curl up next to the stove and warm up and dry off.  But don't think for a moment that I'm spoiled.  I've been working hard all week.  Even Bracha says I have a phenomenal memory, and that I only have to go somewhere once in order to find it again.  SO let me tell you about the last week.  First of all, I had a wonderful time at the festival.  Everyone loved me, and we forgave them when they called me "Suki" by mistake.  Bracha would be sad for a moment, and then pat me and say, "This is DInka, my new guide dog."  Bracha got me good and tired out running on the beach so I was quite ready to curl up under her chair and listen to music.

Then we did a lot of traveling in the car to a place called Hamat Gader.  The man at the gate told Bracha that I could not go into the water, but Bracha assured him she had no intention of letting me go into the pool, because it was too hot.  And it smelled awfully funny. But let me tell you that when we got to the place where there were alligators, crocodiles, a huge snake, and a large monkey, I freaked.  I started barking and didn't want to go in there at all!  Bracha realized that even with all my training, deep down inside, I'm still a dog. 
And oh, my, it's raining....again...

No comments:

Post a Comment