Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Petel and I under the table

As soon as Bracha and I walked into Cafe Greg I ran over to the corner pulling on my harness as hard as I could. There were Liron and Petel, as usual. Hooray! Soon Petel and I got over the romping stage and settled down under the table. But we couldn't help listening to the talk above as we nuzzled each other. Bracha and Liron were talking about going on an airplane together! And making sure there were places reserved in front so there would be room for us! Now, I've never been on a plane before, but Petel has been on one several times already and says it's sort of like being on a bus or train. I don't quite understand what we have to do if Bracha and I are flying in the sky, and I can't remember learning anything about this in my training. Petel says we really don't have to do anything except walk up some steps and then settle down for the ride. Someone else flies the plane. Acd after that I started looking forward to it. I'm always curious about anything new. After all, I'm a very intelligent dog.

And now I have to tell you about the taxi driver who took us to the center yesterday. He was very curious about me and asked some questions. Then he asked Bracha if she worked and she said she did. "Well, you're really quite normal," he said. Bracha told him flatly that besides the fact that she doesn't see well she is just like anyone else. This sounds just like the kind of person who put the sign in the elevator that Bracha showed me on her computer. THe sign said: Attention Blind People! Please ignore the floor announcements in the elevator since they are incorrect. Now how is a blind person supposed to read the sign? And what if a person who does not hear gets in the elevator? How ignorant people can be! Sometimes I think I'm smarter than some people. And why did the woman at the meeting ask what kind of language she should use to write instructions for people who cannot see. Bracha just turned to her and said, "You write instructions just like you write for any other intelligent adult." Sigh..
Next week someone is coming from Beit Oved to see how Bracha and I work together. I promise to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment