Saturday, July 9, 2011

Working in the Summer


Suddenly summer is here! Walking outside when you are a dog with bare footpads and fur is no simple matter. It's hot! Bracha offers me water constantly and we've even taken out my shoesv because I've started to find that I just can't stand still at stoplights. I shuffle and trot back and forth, forward and backward, trying to get my paws off the ground! It looks like I'm dancing, but I'm really very uncomfortable. Shoes are the only answer.

Now we have a new fence. I can sit on the patio all day and lie wherever I like. It's a good solution for me because I know that if I'm given the opportunity, I'll be off into the orchard looking for a snack. Even after a discipline lesson of sitting quietly in the yard, coming when Bracha calls me, and sitting in place, I still end up trotting off. For me food is just too tempting.

Tomorrow beach? Please?????

No comments:

Post a Comment