Friday, August 21, 2015

Dog Days!

Let me tell you, they aren't kidding when they say "dog days" when talking about summer. But I really don't understand why. These days aren't fit for dogs at all. The pavement is so hot in the city that Bracha does not take me out without my shoes, and that gets everyone on the street looking at me and making comments. So we attract a lot of attention. But I still continue my work as usual. Actually, I had to work even harder this week because things were not as they usually are. We golden retrievers are indeed the smartest, and once we get a route into our memory, well, that's it! But when something changes along that route, then we have to really start thinking. That happened this week when Bracha and I walked to the train station in Tel AViv. We crossed a very busy street and then Bracha told me to turn left and start walking down the sidewalk. Bracha didn't see that there was a big pile of bricks and sand where the sidewalk used to be. So I continued straight and started to look for a way around it. Bracha told me to stop, and started to try and turn around, but a nice man asked her if she needed help. She told him where she wanted to go, and he explained to her that the sidewalk was all broken up, and that she had to go around and bypass the broken up area. "My dog was right!" Bracha told him. I can tell you, I felt pretty smug. Bracha just tole me, "Kadima, larakevet!" (forward, to the train!) and off I went. I quickly got us back on the sidewalk and just to make sure, I made a stop at the bus stop where we usually get off, just to let Bracha know where we were. When we got into the train station Bracha gave me a drink of water - and a treat. I think I deserved it. But, it's all par for the course. AT least, for a smart Labrdor golden retriever like me. And now we are back home again. And it so hot that all I really want to do is lie on the patio and sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment