Monday, June 13, 2011

"Where did you see a law like that?"

I love new routes! This time Bracha took me out of the train station instead of going up the moving stairs into the mall at Azrieli - mostly so that I could get out and do busy in the bushes outside. But we crossed the biggest street I've ever been on, and there were several places to cross. It was a busy place and we did just fine! They even have stoplights that make a loud clicking noise so that Bracha knows when to tell me to go forward and cross the street.

Anyway, I did see my other friends on the board - Alice, Turner, Lady, and Tango, and Petel was there too. We also met a new dog named Rega. And when we got on the train to go home Tango and I crawled under the table and were sleeping peacefully when along came the conductor and starts his wise crack business.

"You have to put muzzles on your dogs."
LIttle did he know he was dealing with two members of the board. Adi pipes up.
"These are guide dogs."
"I don't care," the guy insists. They have to have muzzles."
"No," Bracha explained. According to law guide dogs don't need to have muzzles. If you like I'll show you the law." She started to rummage for her wallet and the little card.
"Where did you see such a law?" demanded the conductor.
Bracha could not resist. I felt her stifle a laugh.
"Actually, we didn't see it. We're blind."
Snickers and chuckles filled the car. The conductor, not wishing to admit that he was wrong and having inserted his foot deep in his mouth, scuttled down the aisle with his tail between his legs. And Tango and I looked at each other, smiled, and went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment